INFORMATION SESSION ON SEPTEMBER 9 @12:30PM, everyone welcome.
Yoga on 45th will be conducting 200 hour yoga teacher training starting OCTOBER 14, 2017 (updated date). Apply today to share the yoga experience with others and become a certified yoga teacher. We would prefer that you have at least 6 months or preferably one year of a solid yoga practice and experience.
We will gain insights in guiding people in prenatal yoga, chair yoga and therapeutic yoga as well as hatha, and flow yoga, teaching yoga to the individual and how to teach group classes.
We will explore the history of yoga, pranayama, meditation, chanting, the kriyas, bandhas and mantra. The physical and energetic anatomy of yoga, diet and nutrition and the yogic lifestyle including yoga nidra and its benefits.
All sessions will be conducted by Allison Haugh, Cheryl Gojko and Loriann Mehmel. Together, they have 40 years of teaching experience. All our teachers have had a regular practice for many years and are registered with Yoga Alliance. (This is an 6 month training program.)
Classes will begin on Saturday, OCTOBER 14, 2017 (updated date). (All training sessions will be held on Saturdays/Sundays and some Friday evenings.)
Call Allison for more information at 219-218-2378
The cost of the training is as follows:
Full Training – $2800 (free classes included for the length of the training) Payment Options…. (automatic monthly deduction training $3000)
A non-refundable application fee of $100 is required when submitting your application. If you are accepted into our program the $100 will be deducted from the total cost of the training.
Included in the program:
- Full trainees will receive UNLIMITED FREE classes at Yoga on 45th for the length of the training. (attending at least one or two classes a week is a requirement for graduation)
- A Teacher Training Manual.
- A certificate of completion from our Yoga Alliance registered school.
Required Reading (not included in the cost of the program):
- True Yoga by Jennie Lee
- Light On Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Yoga Beyond Belief by Ganga White
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys Volume 1
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- This Light in Oneself, True Meditation by J. Krishnamurti
- The Bhagavad Gita, A New Translation by Stephen Mitchell
- Loving What is by Byron Katie
Other optional recommended books:
- I Am That by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
- The Way of Liberation by Adyashanti
- Yinsights by Bernie Clark
- Start Where You Are by Pema Chodron
The training will now start on October 14, 2017 and end two weeks later than mentioned in the application.