Yoga on 45th will be conducting 200 hour yoga teacher training starting OCTOBER 6, 2018. Apply today to share the yoga experience with others and become a registered yoga teacher. We would prefer that you have at least 6 months or preferably one year of a solid yoga practice and experience.
We will gain insights in guiding people in hatha, vinyasa flow and restorative yoga, teaching yoga to the individual and how to teach group classes and private sessions.
We will explore the history of yoga, pranayama, meditation, chanting, the kriyas, bandhas and mantra. The physical and energetic anatomy of yoga, diet and nutrition and the yogic lifestyle including yoga nidra and its benefits.
All sessions will be conducted by the teachers at Yoga on 45th and guest teachers. All of our teachers have had a regular practice for many years and are registered with Yoga Alliance. Enjoy the benefits of multiple teachers as they share their individual journeys and experience in the union that is yoga. (This is an 6 month training program, most classes will be held on Saturday afternoons and some Sundays.)
Classes will begin on Saturday, OCTOBER 6, 2018.
Call Allison for more information at 219-218-2378
The cost of the training is as follows:
Full Training – $2800, early bird - paid in full by September 8, $2700. (free classes included for the length of the training)
For more payment options and detail, including dates, please download the 2018 application form below.
A non-refundable application fee of $100 is required when submitting your application. If you are accepted into our program the $100 will be deducted from the total cost of the training.
Included in the program:
- Full trainees will receive UNLIMITED FREE classes at Yoga on 45th for the length of the training. (attending at least one or two classes a week is a requirement for graduation, number will be determined by the quality and integrity of the individuals practice determined by Yoga on 45th.)
- A Teacher Training Manual.
- A certificate of completion from our Yoga Alliance registered school.
Required Reading (not included in the cost of the program):
- True Yoga by Jennie Lee
- Light On Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Yoga Beyond Belief by Ganga White
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys Volume 1
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- This Light in Oneself, True Meditation by J. Krishnamurti
- The Bhagavad Gita, A New Translation by Stephen Mitchell
- Loving What is by Byron Katie
Other optional recommended books:
- I Am That by Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
- The Way of Liberation by Adyashanti
- Yinsights by Bernie Clark
- Start Where You Are by Pema Chodron