What to expect at your first class:
We are glad you're here!
- You will be greeted at the door and fill out our waiver, pay and sign-in.
- Please leave your shoes at the front of the studio. We will show you the restroom, prop storage area, coat rack etc.
- Roll out your mat and get ready to begin!
- You will be asked to pay attention to yourself and appreciate that your body is unique and different from everyone else's in the room. No two yoga poses look the same on any one person. The purpose and feel of the pose is so much more important than what it looks like. You will be asked to consciously breathe. At the end of class you will be asked to lie on the floor and relax completely while watching your thoughts pass by.
- "Namaste" will be said at the end of class. Namaste literally means, "I bow to you."
It is an expression of gratitude and can be used casually as a greeting or expressed poetically.
"I honor the place in you where Spirit lives I honor the place in you which is of Love, of Truth, of Light, of Peace, when you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, then we are One."
We do require that you leave your shoes on our shoe rack in the entryway. Yoga is normally practiced in bare feet. We have a coat rack in the back of the studio. This area also houses all of our props, straps and blocks to help you out in your practice. We also have cubbies located behind the rear door for any valuables, phones etc. We do not accept responsibility for any lost or stolen items. We ask that you turn off your cell phone during class. We have a limited number of mats available for use in the studio. ( they are free of charge )
We have a bathroom for changing clothes and a water fountain which is also free of charge.
We do require that you fill out one of our waivers before participating in our classes, this is usually done when you first walk in the door. The door will be locked during class. You are free to leave when you desire with as little disruption to the rest of the class as possible. No photographs or videos of any classes please, without permission of the studio owner. Please arrive in a timely manner, especially if it is your first class with us. Signing up for class does not guarantee you a place in the class especially during the busy holiday season. Please arrive early. We are in the studio approximately 15 to 30 minutes before the start of a class and look forward to meeting you.
We warmly anticipate sharing our yoga experience with you and hope you will reap the benefits of a regular yoga practice.
Some of the benefits of Yoga....
- Improves flexibility, tones and strengthens muscles, and supports the spine
- Improves circulation
- Helps to create more balance in all areas of life, including work, relationships, and health
- Helps to promote better sleep
- Helps to reduce overall stress
- Shows how to live more in the present moment
- Shows how to respond vs. react to all situations
- Shows how to release and let go of what we can't control
- Shows the connection between breath and emotions
- Helps us to be more at peace with ourselves, our family, and the community
- Boosts metabolism for weight loss
- Increases balance, focus, and discipline
- Improves endocrine, digestive, circulative, and nervous systems
- Raises energy level